Quartzite Countertops: Natural and Stylish
Quartzite countertops are a new type in the market with their greater durability and better characteristics, such as using them in bathrooms. Quartzite is a %100 natural stone created from sandstone, while its counterpart, quartz, is a manufactured substance. Furthermore, some of the most crucial aspects of quartzite countertops are similar looks to marble stones but have better characteristics.
Quartzite Countertops Pros And Cons
A quartzite countertop has many advantages, such as durability, resistance, and style, but also downsides, such as being expensive compared to their stone-made kitchen countertops. We listed here the advantages and disadvantages of quartzite countertops to help you make the best choice for your kitchen design.
Quartzite Countertops Pros
- Quartzite countertops are the most durable and toughest kitchen countertops, scoring between 7 and 8 on the Mohs Hardness Scale.
- Thanks to being a natural stone, they have high resistance against heat, so you can put hot pans without worrying about burnt spots.
- Quartzite countertops are very easy to clean and require only the basic combination of mild water and soap.
- They are UV resistant. Their color hues will not fade away due to exposure to sunlight, so they can also be used in outdoor kitchens.
- They look much like marble but are better equipped in terms of characteristics. You can have them in the spaces where you can not place marble countertops.
Quartzite Countertops Cons
- Due to being a natural stone and requiring diamond cutters to be quarried, quartzite countertops are more expensive than other countertops.
- They are porous and require an annual sealing process, thus increasing maintenance costs.
- As they are cumbersome, they are not DIY-friendly for installation and require professional help.
Popular Colors Of Quartzite Countertops
Quartzite kitchen countertops have a wide range of color scales, but the most popular ones are the Taj Mahal and white.
Taj Mahal quartzite countertops are popular due to resembling the Taj Mahal in India with their beige, white colors blended with gold veins. This combination gives off an elegant feeling to your bathroom or kitchen and creates a luxurious effect thanks to its name.
With its hues and different natural patterns, white is indispensable for people who want a modern, simple, but stylish look for their bathrooms or kitchens. In terms of shades and variations of white, there are mainly three white color variations of quartzite countertops that you can select: The White Dallas, which resembles the Calacatta Marble; The White Macaubas, resembling the Carrara Marble and the White Princess, which also looks like the Calacatta marble.
For people who want more naturalistic touches to their bathrooms or kitchens with blue, the Azul-Imperiale quartzite countertops and Blue-Lava quartzite countertops are perfect choices with their realistic blue touches that resemble the water.
Other Popular Colors:
Differences Between Quartzite and Quartz Countertops
A quartzite and quartz have similar names but different features.
- Quartzite is a natural stone made from sandstone, while quartz is an artificial stone with polymers and resins that compose nearly %20 of quartz.
- Quartzite has better scratch and acid resistance than quartz countertops.
- Regarding heat resistance, quartzite countertops are the better choice because quartz countertops have resins inside them that are prone to creating burnt spots.
- While quartzite countertops require annual sealing processes due to being porous countertops, quartz countertops do not require sealing.
Which is Better, Quartz or Quartzite Countertops?
Both quartz and quartzite countertops have their advantages and disadvantages in their ways. While quartzite countertops are the most durable kitchen countertops and more resistant to scratches than quartz countertops, quartz countertops have lower maintenance costs. The choice between them depends on your budget and personal decoration choices.
CabinetLand presents quartzite countertops with various colors and pattern including the most popular options. You may also wish to see our other kitchen countertop selections for your kitchen and bathroom.