Kitchen Cabinets are essential, and the biggest parts of your kitchen; that’s why selecting the best kitchen cabinet colors is important to match your walls and other decoration items. While one color may lighten the mood of your kitchen with its bright features, the others can create a modern feeling with their more neutral sides. The color can also visually make your kitchen look larger.
Selecting a suitable color involves not only cabinets but also affects different parts of your kitchen. For example, from backsplashes to flooring and hardware, each kitchen component is affected by the atmosphere your kitchen cabinets will create. So, to create your dream kitchen, color is a crucial aspect of it.
Popular Kitchen Cabinet Colors
1. Benjamin Moore’s Simply White (OC-117)
White is the most traditional and timeless color for kitchen cabinets. Benjamin Moore’s Simply White is one of the best kitchen cabinet colors in the market with its simplicity and perfection. It also blends well with quartz and marble countertops and also stainless-steel hardware.
2. Sherwin-Williams Pewter Green (SW-6208)
Sherwin-Williams’ Pewter Green is among the best choices for people looking for a naturalistic touch in their kitchens. This color contrasts very well with bright colors and white, bringing warmth and vividness to the kitchen.
3. Behr’s Breezeway (MQ3-21)
A personal touch is one of the most critical aspects of your kitchen, and color is the primary way to demonstrate it. Behr’s Breezeway is a perfect example of this personal touch with its uniqueness, originality, cooling, and calmness it brings.
4. Farrow & Ball Skimming Stone (No. 241)
Farrow & Ball Skimming Stone is in the middle ground between white and beige, perfect for dark and light countertops, hardware, and backsplashes. If you want your kitchen to be adjustable in the long run, this is one of the best kitchen cabinet colors.
5. Benjamin Moore Gray (2121-20)
With its rich charcoal-like color, Benjamin Moore’s Gray, thanks to being matte and elegant, is smooth and creates a modern ambiance with its darkish color. Also, it blends well with natural wood colors and can be used with wooden shiplap, thus, creating a natural environment.
6. Benjamin Moore Caribbean Blue (2055-30)
Blue is one of the best kitchen cabinet colors with its warmth and glamorousness. It brings the sea breeze into your kitchen and mixes very well with natural wood. In addition, it is a perfect counterpart for traditional white. If you want to amplify the effect of the color blue, you can also opt to use it only for the kitchen island, thus, surprising your guests with the robustness of this color.
7. Sherwin-Williams Raucous Orange (SW-6883)
Orange is a vivid color and one of the symbols of autumn and nature. It demonstrates your personal touch with its warmth and brings the rural ambiance into your kitchen. You can blend it with gray and its different hues.
8. PPG Antique White (40YY 83/043)
You can add a dimension to your kitchen that doesn’t have direct access to sunlight with one of the best kitchen cabinet colors, PPG Antique White. You can use it in rooms with no windows or direct contact with sunlight to brighten them.
9. Farrow & Ball Babouche (No.223)
Yellow is one of the best kitchen cabinet colors to create an energetic and happy atmosphere. Not only will this atmosphere improve your mood each time you enter the kitchen, but it also will make a statement to your visitors about what kind of a person you are.
10. Benjamin Moore’s Cheating Heart (1617)
Like the classic white color, black is also used in many kitchen cabinets year after year. It is still fashionable due to its sleekness and class and creates a mature ambiance in your kitchen. Also, you cannot go wrong with black as it is one of the best kitchen cabinet paint colors of all time with its superior blending characteristics with many colors.
Choosing The Best Kitchen Cabinet Colors For Small Kitchens
Selecting the right color for your kitchen is crucial, especially if it is small. It can add dimension to your kitchen while making the statement you want. Below we listed several ideas to find the best kitchen cabinet colors for small kitchens.
- You Can Aim For a High-Contrast Combination: Selecting a color scheme with a high-contrast combination, such as white–dark, is an excellent example if your kitchen has direct access to light. Sunlight takes the focus from the size of your kitchen to the color scheme by amplifying this contrast.
- Think About Low-Contrast Color Combination: For kitchens without direct sunlight access, selecting a low-contrast color combination, such as white-beige, is ideal. These colors blend well with the walls and create continuity, making your kitchen look bigger than usual.
- What About Just One Color?: Having only one color for your kitchen doesn’t mean it is a boring kitchen. Rather than selecting a few colors simultaneously, you can have a stylish kitchen with well-chosen colors, matching walls, and other hardware. You can make a bold statement by preferring rich colors such as red or yellow, taking the focus off your kitchen’s size and amazing your visitors.
Which Kitchen Cabinet Colors Go Well With Gray Walls?
Gray is a popular choice for walls in many houses because it is a neutral color that combines well with rich and cool colors, such as red, dark, beige, or white. So, we opened a special chapter for gray. Below you can follow some combinations that can be done with gray walls.
- Consider Classical White: White cabinetry works perfectly with gray walls because both are neutral colors and thanks to this, they create a harmonious unity. You can choose a similar hue to the gray wall for your white color or aim for the brightest one to focus on the cabinetry. While the former is better for smaller kitchens that create harmony, the latter will make your cabinetry shine even more.
- Opt For Dark Gray Or Brownish Colors: No matter the hue, gray is considered a modern color with its simplicity and elegance. Dark gray cabinetry or brownish tones provide a modern environment with gray walls, creating contrast and enabling the cozy and welcoming aspect.
Kitchen cabinet colors are one the most critical aspects of your kitchen if you want to create a unique atmosphere. Depending on the ambiance you want to produce, you can select black, white, gray, red, blue, and your other favorite colors, each with its characteristics and distinctive feelings.
Also, the color of your choice can make your kitchen look larger, creating a traditional or modern environment while emphasizing your kitchen cabinets. As you can see, selecting the best kitchen cabinet color among various ones has many crucial advantages for your kitchen